Sunday, May 10, 2009

So, now that I am on facebook I haven't even thought about this blog! I spend all my "extra" time (if there really is such a thing) searching through my friends' pages to see what they are up to now. It is such fun!!! In my life now things are still pretty much the same. School is winding down, thank goodness, and my AP students took their test Thursday, which means all that is left is the senior project focus. I HATE this time of year at school though because everyone gets so snippy about the job -- including me -- like the pay cut, the school board decisions, the summer workshops that we all HATE and are tried to be forced to attend every year, the students who you bend over backwards to help and who just quit trying to pass at all, and really just about everything else that happens.

May is a crazy month with birthdays, mother's day, special days at school like class day and yearbook day, beginning play practice, etc. AND Aida practices have been very fun, even for just music nights. I absolutely L-O-V-E the music for the show and have been waiting so long to do this one. The excitement of the new building just adds to the anticipation of it all too.

Things at the store are fine too; April was a slow month, but May seems to have picked up a little. I am very amazed at what some total strangers will say though. For instance, one lady visiting from another state asked my employee in the course of the conversation if she was from here, and when Kathy said yes this customer asked her if she was inbred. Personally, I was offended and it wasn't even me! I would have probably lost it, but Kathy was cool and still nice to the lady. Others just don't hesitate to say really offensive things -- it kind of reminds me of what some people will feel free to say to pregnant women. Geesh, people, THINK about what you say!!!! Other than that, most of the people who come in the store are extremely nice and I really enjoy owning and running it.

So, that is the run down on my crazy life; nothing much has changed but there you have it. Sorry about the rambling! :)

No comments: