Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I have a lot of flaws, I know, but one thing I can say is that I am truly happy for other people when something good happens to them. If someone gets a nice new car or a great new job or something they have wanted desperately I am truly thrilled to see them get it. I would not begrudge anyone nice things, especially my friends, because I only want the best for them. I guess that is why my feelings are hurt by my friends who have said mean things or acted jealous about our new house. We are excited about it, but in no way is it a competition to see who can have something better or "one up" somebody else. We have waited and saved and planned every aspect of this house for a very long time to get what we are able to have now, but we feel like we can't even ask our friends over to our house now because they might say more mean things or accuse us of stealing their ideas/colors or roll their eyes or whatever. I have learned who my true friends are and who are really jealous people who care more about things than feelings of those they call friend.

No comments: