Friday, August 15, 2008

Wish I knew how to post a picture from my phone...

My brother-in-law brought a trailer up from FL this week of inventory stuff from the store down there; basically it amounted to about 25 boxes, though some were single boxes with a frame or a wall hanging. I had the task of opening each one and trying to match it up with the 12 different vendors recorded on 19 different invoices then entering each item in a different way than I have been entering information (basically 3 steps to the other 1 step), taking another step to printing price tags, and tagging each item, repacking it, and trying to keep it straight from those boxes not yet done -- all this in my living room and dining room. While I was in the process of sorting/tagging/etc. FedEx pulled up with 20 -- yes, 20 -- HUGE boxes from 4 other vendors. About 30 minutes after that, UPS delivered 5 more great big boxes. I called in reinforcements and my mom and brother-in-law came to the rescue to help me finish the FL boxes and get them out of my house so I could start the brand new stuff that had to be completely checked out and entered from scratch. I have an open floor plan in my house so the living/dining/kitchen is all one big room, really, and with all of these boxes, inventory, etc., you could not move in any of it. My house was a disaster with pesky white residue from packing peanuts all over and in the cracks of my wood floor. I really have learned to hate the delivery men!! (not really :) ) Hopefully we can have all this stuff out of my house by the end of the month because I am about to go crazy from the "clutter"!

No comments: