Friday, August 29, 2008

Store Update

Several people have asked me, so I will update on the store since we are obviously not open yet...

They installed my sink and toilet yesterday, so the contractors should now be finished completely with their stuff. My roll of carpet is there, but I was waiting to have it installed until all the workmen were done (now glad I did because it is one big mudhole after the last couple of days!). My alarm box is in, and hopefully he will finish installing the rest of the alarm equipment today. If we were only waiting on construction to be finished we could move in and open now; HOWEVER, the parking lot is not paved and I have no definite word on when it will be (it has to be in order to open for business), AND I just found out from the trim guy that we also can't get the CO until the store next to us does because of some issue with the power/transformer or something being connected. Don't you know I was happy about that -- especially because I heard it from someone OTHER than the landlord when he should have told me that long ago! Anyway, the other store is not finished inside -- half the baseboard is in, only the ceiling tiles along the edge have been installed, she has no plumbing fixtures in yet, and she has several extra lighting fixtures and electrical stuff going in because of the classroom full of sewing machines. Because of all of this, who knows?! The rate the contractor is moving, it could be ANOTHER month behind schedule!!!!! Can you sense my frustration?!

No comments: