Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Amazing and Inspiring

I followed a link from my friends blog to this amazing site; this couple is so inspiring! It is a truly fabulous blog written by a young man whose wife has Cystic Fibrosis. I started reading and was hooked. I go back everyday and get the update on their story. The short version: they have been married a couple of years, she just had a baby but because of her disease her body was in such a weakened condition that complications arose and she had the baby prematurely, and she just had a double lung transplant. There are beautiful pictures of all of them -- amazing pictures of the little baby hooked up to all kinds of tubes and next to a stuffed animal to show her actual size -- and awe-inspiring words and raw emotions surrounding the whole situation. This family is believing and thanking God for this situation and the lives it has allowed them to touch, and they all are faithfully and prayerfully dealing with the situation. I cried the whole time I read the blog, and I could barely tear myself away from reading it. I do not know if anyone will link to it off of this blog, but I put it there for me to keep updated on her reaction and progress after the transplant. It also has some links to sites about CF, premature births, organ donation, and donating money to these foundations. I think this family is just precious, and I have added them to my prayer list daily. If you haven't seen it, check it out here or from my favorite links, and please add them to your prayer list as well.

1 comment:

anita said...

I'm so glad you found their site - these are two of the most amazing kids I have ever known. Nate (or "Claurice" as we called him in college - I have no idea, so don't ask! Hee hee) was a team leader for one of the ministry teams I worked with... what a godly, faith-filled couple!

Love ya!