Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Yet another reason I need to quit my job!

The following is an excerpt from http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200880422154

Jackson, Macon schools work toward teacher health
Jordan Schraderjschrade@gannett.com
• published April 23, 2008 12:15 am


RALEIGH – Educators in Jackson and Macon county schools and two other North Carolina school districts will be greeted with a weigh-in when they return from summer vacation this August.
District employees will be tested for body mass index, the presence of nicotine, blood pressure and blood sugar levels as part of a pilot program announced Tuesday...

____________________________________________________________________



Did anyone read this article?! I know that some people might say it is a good thing, but I have no desire to weigh in with my colleagues, know what they weigh, and/or have them know what I weigh! I am upset that this is not a voluntary thing and that the teachers were not even asked about participating in this. I learned of it when someone forwarded the link to me -- doesn't that just sound typical of this school system and administration! "S-U-R-E- let's dictate what our employees will do; my word is the law and I can humiliate and demand anything I want to and they can't do anything about it!"



I get on the scale all the time, know that I do not weigh what I should, know that I would probably feel a whole lot better if I lost some weight, but also know that I have been trying, and my mid-to-late 30 year old metabolism is almost non-existent -- and I really do not need someone keeping track of it for me, thank you very much!

No comments: