Thursday, March 20, 2008

Well, Cinderella was great -- very entertaining! It was funny and sweet, and the best part was listening to the little girls behind me who were amazed at everything, who loved Cinderella's voice, who laughed hysterically at Rachel (so much so that they even sounded a lot like Rachel! :) ), who "ooh"ed and "aah"ed at the lit up carriage and the transformation, who were dressed like Cinderella in their little blue dresses and bows, etc.

With that said, I have to also add that I HATED being in the audience!! I did not like walking in the front doors, sitting in the yucky and uncomfortable FHS auditorium seats, or anything else about watching the play! Of course, it was NOT because any of it was awful -- I just would much rather be on the stage and be one of the people doing the entertaining. I found that I am not an objective audience member either; no matter how hard I tried, I could not see the characters, only the people who played them. I found myself thinking about what the cast would have made jokes at; I could see Scotty's touch all over the play, and I tried to figure out all the way through what was actually written in the script and what he added; I spent the whole night, in short, placing myself at rehearsals in my mind and knowing what was said and done and laughed at and worked on forever and what key phrases were used (liked "fromp, fromp" and "fooshie-fooshie," "trot, trot, trot," and "pod" and all the others!). It all made me feel very sad and left out; I decided that if I was ever unable to do a play again I would not be able to go see it either!!

OK, all that aside, congratulations wonderful cast! You made me proud and did a great job!

No comments: