Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Catching Up

OK, so I just heard from a girl who was one of my great friends in high school, whom I have not really talked to in several years. That conversation has done 2 things:

1. It has made me thankful for my life and for the good health and blessings on it; and
2. It has made me feel very sad that I have been left out of the get-togethers and updates

I found out that one of my friends lost her husband to cancer and her mother in the last 2 years, another friend's mom had a transplant, another has gotten divorced, found out that the 3 girls I was great friends with in school all get together and spend vacations together and go to functions for each others' kids, etc. (even though they live in different states) while I have not even received Christmas cards, emails, updates, or anything. I have sent cards, emails, etc., but most were returned to me. Maybe I should take the hint and realize they just don't like me and/or have forgotten me and/or are mad at me for something! The fact is I would have been at the funerals and would have loved to get in touch when I go home, etc. I miss having friends to do stuff with and feel left out and isolated from my former life. Oh well, I guess that is all part of growing up!

No comments: