Friday, July 6, 2007

Little Things That Make Me Happy

Yesterday I picked out the countertops for my new house, and the one for my kitchen makes me so happy!! I have been so worried about getting the right one to match the colors that I want to use and that will bring everything together; I have actually been losing sleep because my husband kept putting it off and I was afraid of not being able to find the right thing. BUT... now it is done and I only have to worry about it turning out right now! :) It is such an insignificant thing, but it makes me so happy.

10 Other little things that make me feel full of happiness:

1. sitting on my new deck watching the sunset
2. my children kissing my cheek and telling me they love me
3. seeing a silly kids movie and listening to a little boy in the back say "Wow! That was quite an adventure!" after the rat went down a sewer waterfall
4. my little dog curled up behind me on the couch with his head over on my shoulder trying to lick my ear
5. no dirty dishes in my sink to wash
6. getting the news that the AP audit syllabus that I worked on for 3 months at school last semester passed
7. having actual walls up in my house instead of just studs
8. Enntemen's devil's food cake donuts with the crumbs and powdered sugar on top and a tall glass of milk
9. Dr. Pepper
10. my husband actually being home before 5:00 today (instead of 8-9:00 that it has been since school let out)

I like finding happiness in little things!

No comments: